Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Ivan Reitman, and more pay their respects to Harold Ramis

Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Ivan Reitman and more pay their respects to Harold Ramis


Social media has lit up with actors, directors and other entertainment personalities giving their thoughts and memories on the late Harold Ramis.
Dan Aykroyd:
Deeply saddened to hear of the passing of my brilliant, gifted, funny friend, co-writer/performer and teacher Harold Ramis. May he now get the answers he was always seeking.
Bill Murray:
Harold Ramis and I together did the National Lampoon Show off Broadway, MeatballsStripesCaddyshackGhostbusters and Groundhog Day. He earned his keep on this planet. God bless him.”
Director Ivan Reitman:
The world has lost a wonderful, truly original, comedy voice with the passing of Harold Ramis.
He possessed the most agile mind I’ve ever witnessed. He always had the clearest sense of what was funny and how to create something in a new clever way … Harold had an extraordinary impact on my career and I loved him like a brother.
Voice of Egon Spengler from the Real Ghostbusters, Maurice La Marche:
This is just the saddest news about Harold Ramis’ passing. I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, but I was always very aware of the huge shoes I was trying to fill during my time playing the animated version of his unforgettable character, Dr. Egon Spengler, on The Real Ghostbusters. The man possessed a brilliant comedic mind, an indelible comic voice, and, as I came to understand from people who knew him, an extremely good soul. Rest In Peace, Mr. Ramis. My heartfelt condolences to your family and friends.
Larry King:
Sorry to learn of the passing of Harold Ramis – he was a wonderful person – a terrific talent & he died much too young.
Robin Shelby, who played Slimer in Ghostbusters 2:
I am so deeply saddened by the news of Harold Ramis. Our connection was through a franchise that he helped build and I will be forever in his debt.
Jason Reitman, son of Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman:
Egon was my favorite Ghostbuster. Feels like we lost one of the Beatles.
Sony Pictures also issued the below statement:
The Sony Pictures family sends its condolences to the family & friends of one of the true greats, and our dear friend, Harold Ramis. He will be missed.
We invite you to share your thoughts and favourite moments of Harold’s long and illustrious career over on our Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment